The Kansas Independent College Association presents the annual Business Affairs & Operations Conference so that staff from our 19 non-profit colleges and universities can gather for a full day of conversation and learning. Kansas’ private colleges are responsible for educating nearly 25,000 college students, and represent 20% of all the college degrees awarded in Kansas each year. The business leaders of KICA’s member institutions, who manage over $350 million in operational spending at the schools, are particularly well suited to think expansively and act with vision and creativity to seek out cost savings through collaborative ventures.
Registration for our 2019 event is now open to the faculty and staff of Private, Non-Profit Colleges and Universities in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma. is underway. If work in Operations, Facilities, IT, Finance, or HR, spend April 16th with us at the Manhattan Conference Center in Manhattan, KS. Contact Jesyca Hope, Director of Member Programs today.
Thanks to our 2019 Presenting Sponsor:
Our other 2019 sponsors include:
UMB, Jenzabar, and Pioneer College Caterers.
Our 2019 Agenda is as follows. For more details, or to register, contact Jesyca Hope, KICA Director of Member Programs.
MONDAY, APRIL 15th
12:30 to 4:30pm ADA Compliance Workshop
4:30 to 5:30pm VENDOR NETWORKING
TUESDAY APRIL 16th
7:30 to 8:30am Registration, Breakfast & Networking
8:30am Keynote with Dr. Melissa Tarrant, Author of Invisible Colleges Revisited: The Future of Small Private Colleges
9:30am Coffee Break with Vendors
9:45am Workshop ONE
- 3 Ways Technology Can Unit a Multi-Generational Campus with Apogee
- Remote Irrigation Management: Training for Informed Decision Making with IMC
- Higher Education Outlook with BKD
- Untapped Opportunities – Campus Master Plans and Brownfields with HRP
10:45am Coffee Break with Vendors
11am Workshop TWO
- Collaborative Information Security: KICA’s New CISO Program
- Developing Partnerships: Striving for Efficiency and Effectiveness with MCC
- Using Energy Savings to Acquire Facility Upgrades and Renewable Energy with ESP
- Tax Cuts & Job Act: Opening Pandora’s Box for Higher Education with BKD
12:35pm Keynote with Dr. Nate Reiger: Conflict Without Casualties
1:45pm Session THREE: GROUP MEETINGS:
Accounting/Purchasing, CFO’s, HR, IT, Facilities, Other
2:45pm Coffee Break with Vendors
3pm Workshop THREE
- Crisis Communications: The Ever-increasing Demand for Bandwidth
- Conflict Without Casualties: Discussion and Application
- Deferred Maintenance: On Everyone’s Minds, Not Everyone’s Priority. But Should it?
- Strategically reducing risk and driving down costs with IMA
4pm Prize Session & Dessert with Vendors
A look back at 2018: